It is often difficult to network when you are a young professional, as you just don’t have contact to as many individuals. Thankfully, there are methods for you to do so, although you need to get out of your luxury Dallas apartment. As long as you are willing to spend time outside meeting individuals, it is possible to grow your business and brand and make new contacts.
The Young Professionals Dallas Regional Chamber is just for people ages 25-40 in the earlier stages of their career. Annual memberships of $300 get you luncheons with local CEOs, educational breakfasts, mentoring opportunities, happy hours, and other events where you’ll connect with other young professionals near your apartment.
You’ll also find similar groups on a regional and state level like the Dallas/Fort Worth Young Professionals and the Texas Young Professionals. You can also find networking groups for young professionals based on more specific interests, so you’ll meet people with more commonalities, including:
- amici@theopera, a group you’ll want to join if you have a passion for The Dallas Opera.
- Club Red, young professionals that support the American Red Cross Dallas Chapter and mingle over volunteer projects.
- The Junior Associates Circle, a young professionals group that network over behind-the-scenes tours and events at the Dallas Museum of Art.
- Preservation Dallas Young Professionals, a group that networks over events that support and preserve the architecture, history and culture of Dallas.
- Young at Heart, a group that connects while volunteering for the American Heart Association.
What’s your favorite place to network in Dallas?
Image courtesy of Flickr.